Monday, January 21, 2013

In which I ask you to high five...

Want to know exactly how long it takes to lose half of your Twitter follows and over half of your blog subscribers?

Apparently, 2 years and 2 months.

I took a couple of years off with solid relapses back into writing over the last two years, and had no idea how much I missed that writing network.

You. And You. And You. And that lady who retweeted my stuff. The miscellaneous haha. The heartwarming email where someone comments and tells you to keep going.

I'm writing again, and I should have done this a long time ago.

I got my Bachelor's in English and Literature. Finished school, just as the plan. Got a kickass job that sucks up a lot of my energy. So it wasn't an unproductive year. I set out to accomplish a few things, and did just that.

Also, I watched a LOT of TV shows. Read a lot of books.

And now I'm here with a passion, with so many stories and characters floating around in my head I'm either very imaginative or slightly insane. I mean, really --- how many complete conversations can you reenact in your head before you realize you should be writing?

Basically, I wanted to write this to say hello. To say that I missed you dearly. To say that you can say hi @bethanygoodman so I can stop sitting on the side of the Twitterverse waiting to pop in and say - "Hi! We used to be writer friends. Wanna high five?"

Let's high five. Let's talk writing.

Let's end this blog so I can get back to writing.

I'm excited for you to meet Dani someday. She's a little nicer than Evelyn. I think you'll get along great.

No comments:

Post a Comment